fluval 305?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brad15

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone know where the correct placement of fluval polishing pads in the media baskets?

UPPER

They say the upper media basket which is odd because the fx5 says the bottom but the water flow is different in them,

Fluval Water Polishing Pads are uniquely designed to fit Fluval Canister Filters. These extra thick micro-fine polyester pads effectively trap micro particles and debris as water passes through. Fluval Water Polishing Pads are ideally used when cloudy water occurs or after tank maintenance, and they fit in the upper media basket of your Fluval 305/405 Filter.

Top? The media basket is divided into two sections . So both? That's weird cuz I called fluval and they said bottom. On my old 205 it was on top.

Right from the maunal

Polishing Pad​
(
Upper Media Basket)
A-242 (105, 205)
A-244 (305, 405)
Fluval Polishing Pads are uniquely designed to fit Fluval canister filters. These extra
thick polyester pads capture small particles that cloud the aquarium, to leave the water
in your tank crystal clear.

For freshwater and marine environments.

http://www.hagen.com/pdf/aquatic/Fluval_series5_manual.pdf

I read the manuel last night. And I just read it again from your link and it contradicts itself. It does say upper but the point of the pad is to remove small micro particles for pure clean water stream before it hits the bio media so... I think the bottom basket makes more sense . Thanks

These pads are not meant to be used all the time just at different times to clean out small particles. They are super dense. Honestly I dont think it really matter too much, Middle?? if its like my fx5 and it starts in top and works all the way to bottom, I would put it in the bottom. I agree on that one manual was a little odd with how it said everything.

Also did you look on the side of the packaging it usually says there where it goes? Thats if you got it in the box from Fluval of course LOL

Yes it usually gets pretty nasty quick and I then change it out. Well thanks for your help. Bottom it is.

The packaging says nothing about placement. Just micro fine filtration yada yada yada.

Back
Top Bottom