Fluval 404 setup, couple of questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Franco7

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got a couple questions about setting up the fluval 404. Well mine came in, i followed the directions perfectly and got it all setup. Well i let it run last night and when i woke up this morning my father said it was making an awfully bad banging noise at like 630am and it wasn't spitting out any water so he shut it off. (Good move before it burnt out )

So my first question is why would it all of a sudden stop spitting out water when the canister is full, i know it has a ball or something loose at the bottom of the intake that sucks up water is that surposed to be there?

Also i have read in the book where the water spits back out into the tank that spout is surposed to be above water, but i seen in some pics that it is sunk below water, whats the deal with that above or below? mine was half and half, but it makes alot of noise when water is coming out of it if its above..

My finial question is everyone raved how you couldn't tell if the thing was on or off meaning the cainster pumping water cause its sooo quite, but mine was making kinda like a grind noise or like a griggling sound every couple of mins as the water is flowing out, is that normal?

It does take a while to get all air out of the filter media. If there was a big airbubble it could stop pumping. The gurgling sound is almost cerainly air that still needs to escape.

When you start the filter for the first time it is supposed to be above the water. Once it is pumping you can do whatever you like.

Do I have de javu or did I see this question somewhere else?

Back
Top Bottom