Fluval 405? if FX5 is too powerful

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GEOlson

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was wondering if anyone with experience with Fluval FX5 or 405 could tell me if an FX5 would have too much flow for fancy goldfish? I know the FX5 has much more media and flow per hour but I don't know how much water current fancy goldfish like.

Thanks in advance!

75 gal. Sorry 'bout that. I was considering an eheim ecco 2236 too. I have no problem buying a second filter in another moth or so either I'd a 2236 or 405 is too under powered.

Just go with the FX5. I have two 405s on my 75 goldfish tank and would have just gotten the FX5 if I didn't already have the two 405s sitting around.

I have used both Eheim and Fluvals and would definitely pick a Fluval any day.

Fishguy2727 said:
Just go with the FX5. I have two 405s on my 75 goldfish tank and would have just gotten the FX5 if I didn't already have the two 405s sitting around.

I have used both Eheim and Fluvals and would definitely pick a Fluval any day.

Like Fish said the only way I would use the two 405 is if they were sitting around otherwise your best bet is the FX5. I think you will actually pay more for two 405 than an FX5 and be no where near the filtration of the FX5.

Back
Top Bottom