Fluval 405

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JTAM963

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just picked up a fluval 405 and was wondering if it'd be overkill with a emperor already on my 55 gallon...if so..i'll wait till summer because i want to get a 75-125 gallon tank..buddy gave me filter for free..never used yet..or should I return it for store credit somewhere?

By all means, keep it. Run it in tandem with your emperor (at a very slow flow rate) about 6 weeks before you set up the new tank. This way, you will have it ready to go when you set up the new tank. Instant cycle! Returning it for store credit will reduce it's value since you will need it again and will have to fork over full price when you do.

Would a store say petco take it for full store credit..I'm not sure if it was even originally bought there?Box looked like it was taped all..but it contains all parts..and never used

Keep it , it is a nice filter I have one with a 304 also on my 125 . If the flow is too much for you
just pick up a spray bar attachment for the output to cut the current effect.

I want to kinda keep it...but don't have many for a couple of months for bigger tank..If i bring it back I woul dget like 160 bucks credit and then I wanted to set up my 40 gallon reptile tank...I have a 25 hex cycling now and only need a heater

You won't get $160 bucks or $160 store credit. Petco or other chains most likely will not even talk to you without a sales receipt. Your LFS is your best bet but you are at their mercy.

If you really don't want it, you'd do better to sell it yourself somewhere like Aquabid or a local aquarium club member.

I read their website and it says full REFUND with receipt but you can get store credit without receipt.

Yeah i tried but no luck..haha..you were right j chillin..I'm going to set it up and make sure it runs ok, then probably just let it run a month on my 55 with the emperor 400 to let it get bacteria to then put it on a 75-125 over summer :)

Back
Top Bottom