Fluval C Series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JamesW

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good evening folks!

I have recently become very interested in the fish keeping hobby after buying a 20g tank and reading endlessly about how much more there was to a fish tank than a bowl of water and some flakes of food.

Needless to say, I'm taking things quite seriously and decided to invest in a fluval c2 power filter in order to provide some quality water conditions for my little friends.

My question being, is the anyone who has run a fluval c2 or c3 or c4? What are your opinions on them for a 20g set-up?

I replaced the activated carbon after reading that extra c-nodes would provide greater surface area for beneficial bacteria to gather.

Anyway, let me know what you guys know!

I've been using a Fluval C2 for about 2+ years now on my 17g rimless and it's been working GREAT! Absolutely love this HOB. IMO, the C3 would be better for 20g's and up, but the C2 will still do the job on a 20g as long as you don't overstock. It's a good idea to run extra ceramic bio media in place of the activated carbon.. I do just that in mine.

You can see how crystal clear my water is with the c2.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303877

Your tanks look awesome!

My water is starting to clear up after a few days running the c2. I can still see the cloudiness if i look length wise down the tank but i suspect this will clear up in time(especialy with added ceramic media). Any idea how long though? I can be impatient some times, almost to the point of buying another c2 for when I take out the current HOB.

I was also thinking of adding a small catfish as a bottom dweller soon, I currently only have two very happy mickey mouse platys.

Back
Top Bottom