Fluval C3 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JeffreyBowers

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys!
Newbie here.

was wondering what the costs are associated with maintaining this filter. Like how often I would need to buy new filter inserts or media ( I'm very new so I hope I'm using the right terms) for it. Just trying to price out the hobby before I jump in so I know the reality so I can keep my fish healthy. The guy at the store made it seem like although it is a more expensive outright cost for it that the yearly cost of keeping it going is cheap in comparison to other filters like the aqua clear because everything needs changing less.

Just trying to understand this all. Learning a lot.

Very new to this so any help of info would be greatly appreciated from you pros.

Thanks a million,

Jeffrey

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Na bro don't worry about replacing stuff. Stores say that stuff because it makes them $$$!

Only replace your filter stuff when it's seriously falling apart. I have been running a Fluval C4 for 6+ months now and I still am using the original pad and media.

Just clean your filter regularly in tank water and you should be fine.

Caleb

Na bro don't worry about replacing stuff. Stores say that stuff because it makes them $$$!

Only replace your filter stuff when it's seriously falling apart. I have been running a Fluval C4 for 6+ months now and I still am using the original pad and media.

Just clean your filter regularly in tank water and you should be fine.

Caleb

Thanks Caleb! Seems like a great filter and easy to maintain. Sounds perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

+1 to what Caleb said. I have a C4 running over 6 months and still has original pad.I don't use the carbon bag,just put more bio media in that space.I also recommend putting a pre-filter sponge on the intake. Will make the pad last a long time before you have to rinse it in tank water . I have only rinsed mine 1 time in over 6 months.
Lee

Back
Top Bottom