Fluval canister arrangements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After a couple months in operation, my canister and hob filter are performing perfectly.

If I were to take a drinking glass and dip it into my aquarium to check its clarity, smell its purity, and test its parameters...they would all be spot on after a few weeks from the last PWC.

My fish are healthy and happy. Thanks again for the advice.

Attachments

• image-3616631395.jpg
    image-3616631395.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 101
  • image-4214320957.jpg
    image-4214320957.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 101
  • image-41618843.jpg
    image-41618843.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 91
That's great that it's all working out, I knew it would...haha. Have you noticed any drop off in the filter flow from using the floss. By the way, your tank looks amazing......

The flow seems to be working at a good gph. I don't think it will be necessary to open up the canister often at all for maintenance. Maybe every 2 months or so. When I do, I'll be packing in a little more polyfil on top. How often do you recharge that purigen, and is 2 100ml bags better than 1?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maintenance on the canister really depends on your type of fish and bio-load. I have a near fully stocked community tanks, 200ltrs and I only clean the canister every 3 months or so. It does be fairly dirty when I do.
The Purigen, I haven't recharged it for about 5 months. I have 2 and they do last longer between charging. It makes sense to have 2 because it's as easy to recharge 2, as it is 1.....

Thanks! I do want to paint the background. In avoidance of moving the tank around, I thought I'd just go to petco and cut a black laminated sheet to put on the back and left side.

Back
Top Bottom