Fluval edge 46l marine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Abno10 said:
Today I purchased my light system for tank,it should arrive late next week,I will post pics of conversion,and I couldn't have timed it better as my stock light unit on the tank are starting to give trouble,blinking on and off!!!

Abno-how much space are you intending on leaving in the top of your Edge? I've filled mine (but still early in initial cycle) and I am dubious as to how full I'll be able to keep it and still achieve adequate O2 exchange.

I have my filled to top and with evap it's dropped about 2-3 inches so I just left it off,(while cycling)tomor I will be in my 4th week of cycle,but the edge is ment to be filled up to the top for visual purpose,so I will be keeping it topped up to the top when cycle is over.....

Abno10 said:
I have my filled to top and with evap it's dropped about 2-3 inches so I just left it off,(while cycling)tomor I will be in my 4th week of cycle,but the edge is ment to be filled up to the top for visual purpose,so I will be keeping it topped up to the top when cycle is over.....

You know when evap occurs that the salinity in your tank gets higher? Make sure you top off with fresh water, not salt water.

Yep happy with the Edge's design but everything I'm reading tells me that when rigging it as a marine tank the number one issue with keeping stock alive and healthy is the lack of adequate oxygen exchange. I've read a few guys have left about half and inch void to allow for a greater area of rippling to occur and this seems to achieve a better exchange.

That's news to me,I seen some edges on you tube and there all filled to the top,but I will look into it also,thanx for that bit of info Ryan;-)

Bearchumjs said:
You know when evap occurs that the salinity in your tank gets higher? Make sure you top off with fresh water, not salt water.

How does the salinity get higher with evap,?thought it was only if kept topping up with salt water that rises the salinity?

It'll get higher because only the H2O evaporates-the dissolved ions remain-so salt levels in the water stay the same while H2O levels decrease, hence the subsequent higher level of salinity in the remaining aquarium water.

Abno do u have any pics of your setup to date? Im still learning to navigate this app and I'd love to see how you're going after 4 weeks of cycling now?

I will post pics tomor Ryan I'm using my iPhone tonight,and it's a pain to upload pics on the app,I'm must get onto a mod to get the app updated;-)will you be doing a fish less cycle or not Ryan???????

Yes. That's what I'm into at the moment, although I'm 3 weeks behind you! Look forward to seeing them mate

Ryan

There was plenty of life in my tank so that kept me going,I found star fish(asterina)crabs,bristle worms,some sort of a fairly big crayfish thingy can really see him as he blocked up his hole,shrimp,every day there was something new appearing so it was not boring at all,

image-2957310718.jpg

Update pics

Attachments

• image-1267660096.jpg
    image-1267660096.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 68
  • image-3272922661.jpg
    image-3272922661.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 70
  • image-2144063843.jpg
    image-2144063843.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 71
  • image-2844038549.jpg
    image-2844038549.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 84
  • image-51115121.jpg
    image-51115121.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 85
I don't know but I'm trying to look it up. What do his claws look like?

He's white, with brown patches and his legs are brown? Speckled brown? Anything else you can telle to help me try and identify it?

Back
Top Bottom