fluval edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have some experience with African cichlids as I have a Mbuna tank and have worked with quite a few in my previous job. Want feedback? ;)

In the photo, I can see Malawi Mbuna in your tank… I like to see more rockwork than that unless the tank is a peacock one: for example, I keep probably twice as much in my own tank and would happily try to stuff 3* more in. I can see what looks like CO2 in there.. is it? Why? It's nice that you're trying plants in there, I do as well.

Any idea what's ailing this Jacob?
It's physical abuse by a tank mate, probably one of the Mbuna: it is generally recommended that Mbuna and peacocks are not mixed because the Mbuna are, on average, more aggressive. Recommended fix is review stocking and decor, improving as needed.

So, are you adding CO2 to the tank and, if yes, why?

About the co2,its a naturally occurring system not a pressurized setup..added it because I had minimal growth before&after they exploded...about the Jacob,it turned out to be bacterial..removed&housed in my hospital tank&treating with maracyn plus/aqaurium salt..

Be careful with the CO2, normally, the oxygen in an average Rift Lake set-up is lower than a community tank as it is.

The peacock's infection is very likely bacteria, but it is still probably triggered by physical damage or stress combined with minor physical damage.

The co2 setup I've got working is for a 55g,so I believe I chould be ok...its been running for about 4 months without issue...by the way what's your favorite mbuna? I like the yellow lab,7 total in my tank..

So yesterday o had double 0's with a proper ph..today I also had a proper ph- 0nitrites butttt ammo at .25...did a 50% wc(15%treated tap-35%treated ro)will check again in the morning...

It would be safest and best if you decided on one tap:RO water ratio and stuck only to that, so your tank water tap:RO ratio was always the same

So tested again today& got double 0's & a proper ph...also my moon shine led strip came in&installed w/no problem...can't wait until the day light shuts off & I get the full effect of the moonlights...

Believe this to 5 days in a row with a proper ph,double 0's& minimal nitrates....I believe it to be cycled but will continue the daylies...also upgraded to new led lamps today,HUGE difference..

Back
Top Bottom