Fluval Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So today at work I scored an amazing deal, TWO fluval edge aquariums for 50 bucks total, no problems nothing, just went on clearance :). My question is how powerful are the lights and how well do these work as a nano tank? I have a fluval spec right now and id be interested in making this a nano as well. if not ill just sell them and turn a huge profit lol :cool:

ive read that you can put MR11 LEd bulbs directly into the stock light sockets? what can these support and how do they look? ive also read that you can jam the MR16's in there...is this true?

Wish I knew the answer LOL. Good pickup though! If it were me I;d probably sell one to buy stuff for the other!

From what I have read the stock lighting isn't good for much of anything. If you move forward with it I would check out some par 38 bulb setups. :)

thats what i plan on doing haha but i dont wanna modify anything and par 38 would mean modification right? i wanted to stick two bulbs in the original sockets and then add a led strip for moonlight but idk what i can fit in the sockets or whats the best bulbs to get -_- ive been in the hobby for a bit now but i suck at lighting

classklown90 said:
thats what i plan on doing haha but i dont wanna modify anything and par 38 would mean modification right? i wanted to stick two bulbs in the original sockets and then add a led strip for moonlight but idk what i can fit in the sockets or whats the best bulbs to get -_- ive been in the hobby for a bit now but i suck at lighting

Nope par38 is just a light bulb which can be screwed into a lamp lol

Back
Top Bottom