Fluval Flex 15 Tube Size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richiestang_78

Aquarium Advice Freak
As the title suggests what is the correct size of tubing for the included pump? I want to replace the one that it came with as its a little too short and I cant properly stick the pump to the bottom of the tank.

Trust me as a flex owner you don’t want it to fully suction to the bottom, I did that when putting it together and thought it was gonna break the tank trying to break the grip of the suction cups. Mine just rests on them now sort of like vibration dampeners

Mines not even touching the bottom and hangs from the outlet connector. I may end up just cutting off all but one suction cup and have the others just act as rubber feet but I do want it to actually rest on the bottom.

I've found conflicting reports of the tube being 3/8 inch inside diameter but it being super tight and hard to get on or using 1/2 inch inside diameter and it being a little loose. I figure loose I can correct with by using a zip tie

Ended up getting a 1/2 inch inside diameter tube and it was perfect. I don't know how anyone got a 3/8 to fit and 1/2 is more then tight enough and even took using some hot water to soften the tubing enough to slip fully on.

Back
Top Bottom