fluval fx5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VonUberReefer

Aquarium Advice Regular
anyone got one of these, i'm wondering if they are good..
i saw the comparison to the eheim, but i have not found any other canister that has the filtered flow rate as a fx5...

IMO ive never cared for fluval... i know people swear by them... but ive owned a 204 and a 304... both were very noisy and just broke down over time...

i love Eheim... their 2260 has a 500 GPH flow rate... i know it doesnt compare to the 925 GPH of the FX5.... but they are both apparently rated for up-to 400 gal tanks?

theyre a great filter that i've heard alot of people say good things about. im getting one eventually (was going to with taxes, wife found other 'needs'). The fluval line of filters is great. I love all of mine. They're super quiet. The guy i bought my 150g off of had one on it along with a 405 and swore by them. The fluval, eheim, and rena filters are probably the 3 most popular filters you can get.

going to be a huge amount of water flow for a 75 .. what is in your 75... hopefully something that loves strong current

Id go with a 405 for the 75, you'll save money and still have a good amount of filtration.

Ill be going with 2 fx5's on my 250 gal when I can get the cash lined up. That's the only bad thing about them especially when you need 2.

I don't have a 75g yet. I was just wondering if an fx5 would be too much for a 75. I'll check out the 405 though. Thanks!

it's rated at 925, but all the reviews and a couple sites say ~600gph with media in it

yeah, few filters actually do what they're advertised, but without media they probably do. I dont think an fx5 would be too much for a 75g if you used a spray bar, but a 405 would certainly do fine (i would only get an fx5 if an upgrade was possible in the future)

Back
Top Bottom