Fluval Spec 2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey man nice set up.
i was thinking of starting a nano tank too! i was thinking a 10g fluval.
this thread gave me a lot of ideas!!

thanks

Thank you! Nanos are very challenging but very rewarding... And I've barely even scratched the surface with this one lol

Hi nano reefs are nice but they bery hard to keep.. If you do keep on top of water salinity and do water changes. Adding corals add soft corals and if your tank hasnt get a hang on back style protien skimmer itl make it that little bit easier. Lots of water changes is key. I would recomend any fish but yeah shrimps crabs snails will help clean the nao :)

So the pump showed up today. It goes as high as 180 gph... 2 gallon tank, how high should I set this at does everyone think??

AND look what just crashed the party 8-(

image-364391278.jpg

Attachments

• image-1293969396.jpg
    image-1293969396.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 70
May I ask what the ill effect of aptasia is?

Aiptasia sp. are considered pests in the marine aquarium hobby, because they are stressful to coral around them, and occasionally even sting fish and desirable invertebrates. They are often accidentally imported along with live rock. Once present in the aquarium, the polyps are notoriously difficult to remove as attempts to remove often inadvertently create more, due to new polyps regenerating from remnants. Hobbyists commonly put Peppermint shrimp inside the aquarium to control Aiptasia populations, as the arthropods regularly prey on small cnidarian polyps. The nudibranch Berghia verrucicornis is considered one of the best predators for Aiptasia sp.

Any thoughts on the amount of flow or am I just going to have to see what works?? Thanks!

It's really a plug and play, trial and error type thing. Your asking about positioning right? lol of so then my answer stands :)

Lol, no not positioning... The pump is adjustable up to 180 gph, I don't know how high I should crank it up to...?

Yea I'll give it a go... I need to tweak how I have the media and filter in the overflow. I think I'm getting some stagnant water due to low flow. I'm puzzled. BUT on a good note, my light showed up today. So some pics will be posted tonight an ill keep an update going. Thanks everyone for following along, this is becoming a fun little tank :cool:

Wow do I want to swear out loud right now. Pump ended up being a complete disaster. It didn't fit, so I tried to make all sorts of mods and basically just fought me til the end. Glad it was only $20. I'm going to find another pump most likely. But hey, the light came in and looks great :cool:

image-1973019549.jpg

Wow do I want to swear out loud right now. Pump ended up being a complete disaster. It didn't fit, so I tried to make all sorts of mods and basically just fought me til the end. Glad it was only $20. I'm going to find another pump most likely. But hey, the light came in and looks great :cool:

Stinks about the pump but yeah! Light is KILLER!!

Dude bro thanks guy! Wicked pumped!! Gotta see this thing shimmer :cool: Might give ya run for your money someday in the nano world Con :cool:

Back
Top Bottom