Fluval Spec V (19l) - 1st Tank - Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uglydude

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just get starting with an Aquarium, and got the Fluval Spec V 19l, I'm just looking a have a easy to maintain fish tank with few small fishes and basic plants.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fluval-Spec-Aquarium-19L-Black/dp/B0089E5VLC

The tank dimension is 16 x 43.7 x 26.9 cm, it got a water pump filter system, I will add a 25w (50w) heater.

I have read online, and seem to have a mixture of things, so not sure what is the right thing to do. Hope to get some advice from people.

1) I'm looking to get some of these fish, will they get along, and would I need anything to create a balance eco system?:-

A few Guppys
A few Tetras
A few Neon
1 Platy
1 Sailfin Molly
1 Corydoras
1 Bristlenose

2) What plants would be good to help a balance tank?

3) Would I need an air pump or air stone?

4) Some people mentioned that they make some holds on the tube of the pump to help the circulation. Is this true and if so where about so I make the hold (and how big)?

5) Anything else I need to include and be prepare for?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give. :)

I would say no to the platy, sailfin, Cory, and bristle nose.
Here's why:
Platys and sailfins(esp. The sailfin) have large bioloads. And some sail find get HUGE!! Realistically Cory's should be in groups of at least 6 they freak out and are very uncomfortable when its just one. And they need a minimum tank size of about 20g I think. Bristle nose is kind of the same deal as the molly. Large bioloads and they get around 4-5 inches.
I would say a couple of male guppies is ok. And they are really quite pretty. For most tetras they also need a school of 6. Boraras are a type of micro fish you could look into.
Or celestial pearl danios. Maybe get some cherry shrimp with that and you'll be looking good.
Plant wise stick with some crypts and Anubias Nana. They're low light and don't necessarily get too large(depending on what crypt you get)

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom