Fluval Spec V - Stocking Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shespeare

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,

I'm heading to university in the fall, and I'll be starting a new tank while I am there. After doing extensive research, the spec v is the tank I'd like to try! However, I'm at a loss for what to put in it. I love fancy fish but I don't just want to put a betta in it and call it quits. I would love to have a bit of variety (even though it is a small tank, I know)... I just don't want boring fish!!

Please help????

Thanks!!

How many gallons? Perhaps you could do a planted tank with 3-5 guppies (all males which have nice color and won't mate of course!)

It's 19 litres or about 5.6 gallons..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389071508.678374.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389071508.678374.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 960
I currently have a cobra guppy (unfortunately his buddy passed away).. I enjoy them, they're very pretty.

You cold do some rasboras or tetras. Could also do a few different varieties of guppies.

I really like the endlers live bearers but can't find any around here! Grrr

You could try celestial pearl danios, sparkling gouramis, licorice gouramis, scarlet badis, shrimps,snails, dwarf cories, bettas

Has anybody had good luck with putting other fish with your betta?

Depends on the betta and the other fish. Some betta won't tolerate anything else, and other fish aren't good with bettas at all.

Doubtful since the pygmy's aren't very colorful. A betta is more likely to attack more brightly colored and showy fish, but no guarantees. As been stated, it could attack anything or you could get one that is very docile and not be aggressive at all.

All these awesome fish you guys are mentioning are really sweet! But I simply can't get most of them because I'm in Canada.. My LFS kinda sucks and nobody ships :(

Back
Top Bottom