food for LTA? PICS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mghslowell

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey guys ! i just purchased my LTA its doing great !

in my previous attempts i had one for 6 months then it died due to the inexperience, and only 6 months i actually had my tank up and running, with CC substrate

now my tank is up and running for 4 years witha dsb and 80 lbs lr using ro/di and i put my anemone in yesterday it floated abit on the sand. when i woke up this morning, howveer it was wedged into a cave and its massive ! its spread about 8 inches in diameter my tomatoe clown is still in quarentine for ich another 2 weeks or so and i think he can see it across the room very excited !

my question is since i want to obviously want this creature to strive what is the best diet i can give him ? i currently have silversides and brine shrimp.

thanks!
stuff3.jpg

I very seldom feed anemones. They get the left overs. You can target feed them silversides, shrimp. krill etc. Brine shrimp does very little for them. Be careful not to over feed. Plenty of light is their best diet.

The anemone needs fine meaty foods like squid, krill and chopped silver sides. The first food item you mentioned is fine, the brine shrimp is nutritionally void unless it is freshly hatched and even so I can think of some other foods I would rather utilize. lighting is important though.

I never feed mine. Had it for several years and he just gets leftovers as Brian said. Any brine that a clown might bring to him.

Back
Top Bottom