Food ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gstewart

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys,

still starting off but going well ! :)

I have 2 yellow chromis, 1 blue damsel, 1 mono ( brackish ), 1 blood shrimp,

I have been feeding frozen food but would like to start on an alternative to frozen meat foods.

the lfs pointed me in the direction of Kent platinum - reef herbivore pellets. my query is that when adding a frozen cube to the tank you could see the food as it floated - so the fish could see it and eat it quickly.. i have tried the pellets and they are very small and just sink to the bottom and get mixed up with the coral sand. i know the fish will eventually eat it but i am trying to gauge how much to feed them and if i cant see them eat straight away then how do i know how much they can eat in 5 minutes ?! :? - also will these pellets feed the livestock of my tank sufficiently ?

GOOD QUESTION!! STEW IN MY HONEST OPINION IF THEY ARENT ATTACKING THE FOOD AS SOON AS ITS ADDED TO THE TANK THEN THEY MAY NOT BE INTERESTED IN THAT TYPE OF FOOD YOU MIGHT WANNA TRY SOME THING DIFF. OR BE PATIENT AND ADD SMALL AMOUNTS ONCE A DAY GIVE IT A WEEK THEN MAKE YOUR FINAL DECISION. GOOD LUCK

OK HURRIE UP!!

The Caps Lock Really NEEDS to stop... It is getting extremely Annoying and painful to the EYES

James

Hi,

the problem is the pellets go unoticed !!

So they dont see them get dropped into the tank. The frozen food used to swirl around as it was lighter - then the fish would see it - these things sink like lead balloons and they just blend into the sand.

I will see how it goes but i hear you dont need that many pellets - that just makes it harder for them to see them !

:?

What I've done is add a couple of pellets at a time and add them first, before any other food, when they are most likely to be the hungriest. I have also used granulated food with success. They seem to like it and it floats a little longer. :)

thanks for that - flake does sound like a better option.

Will try that if this fails miserably !

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom