forgot to treat water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcurlacher54

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey everyone, on saturday after a water change i forgot to treat the water. it took me a good 20-30 mins before i figured out why my fish were looking deathly. once i realized my idiot mistake, all of the fish came around besides a ahli and male auratus that i lost. i have a second male auratus that is still very sick and only swims when he needs to run away from the female auratus. what can i use to treat him if anything or is it a lost cause?:fish2::banghead:

How much of the water did you change? Hopefully not too much.
I'm not sure there's anything you can do to directly heal chlorine related damage.
There are ammonia burn relievers if you have ammonia in your municipal water lines, but ammonia in tap water usually isn't too high, and seeing you only left it for 20mins, I don't think there's much ammonia damage, but still a possibility (Depending how much water you changed)

Just make sure the water stays pristine the next few days, with slime coat doses.

Don't use stress coat, it's the exact same thing as tap water conditioner. Use stress Zyme. Do a double dosage to help them bounce back. Adding a little more dechlorinater can't hurt but probably won't help. If you don't notice any improvements then you can try removing your carbon if running it and adding aquarium salt for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom