Formula One, Formula Two food question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scoot

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've bought some of the Formula One and Two foods, which was highly recommended by the LPS. Probably is, they stay in a cube when thawed, and just sink to the bottom of the tank, and get stuck behind the LR somewhere.

Should I break up these little cubes? How do other people use these foods?

Whenever I use forzen food this is what i do. I have a smaller tank so I dont use a full cube but you can get the idea.

I went to a local pharmacy and got one of thosemeasuring spoon things. I fill it up about half way with the water from the tank then i take a part of the cube and let it sit in there until it is thawed out. The just dump it into the tank. If the food is frozen you put the fish in danger from eating if frozen.

I do that with other frozen foods, but the formula one / two stuff stays in a clump - mushy, doesnt' break up like frozen mysis or brine.

Just break it up.
I use them both and once the cubes thaw I use a wooden skewer to break the cube up. Then I drain the water and soak the food in Garlic and Zoe for 24 hours before I feed.

Fish Love it!

Jermz79 said:
Just break it up.
I use them both and once the cubes thaw I use a wooden skewer to break the cube up. Then I drain the water and soak the food in Garlic and Zoe for 24 hours before I feed.

Fish Love it!

geez, ive been cutting it up with a knife manually all this time :roll: , thanks for the tip tho!!

I bought the gel based cubes and used them about 4 times and then gave up on trying to cut them into small enough pieces, just to have them sink to the bottom and my fish not even eat them. The bristleworms went crazy for them and so did my shrimp. I use mysis/brine/flakes(once a week), soaked in Zoe/garlic/selcon.

Same problem here, roka - the bit sank, the current would carry them into the rocks, where they'd sit until my hermits or arrow crab would find and eat them.

LOL! Mine has been sitting in the freezer for about 3 months now....

Back
Top Bottom