Found a baby Panda Cory!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dxs2104

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So today after I had got home from work my girlfriend was watching 2 of our 4 Panda Corys playing on the glass (they normally are tired/hiding/scavaging by this time of day) and noticed a baby cory (~1 - 1.5 cm in length, full panda colors) peeking out in the amazon swords.

Is there anything I can do at this point to help the little guy out (add additional small food, etc) or should I just let the parents do their thing?

We have a 29g (18" high) moderately -> heavy planted tank with 4 Panda Corys, 6 Neon Tetras, and 1 lone zebra danio with plans of picking up 2 Bolivian Rams in ~ 2 weeks.

Ill see if I can get some pics if they come out again tonight. Kind of exciting, first time seeing with baby fry and have had the pandas about 2 months, just wanted to share :turn-l:

Awesome!!! Congrats! :)

Nothing special to do at this point. It should grow into the school and more should follow. Love the stocking choices btw. Great job on making your fish happy!

Congrats! Little pandas are pretty self-sufficient. Just make sure to keep him well-fed. I had a dozen panda cory fry, but now I'm down to one. I think I lost a bunch when I went out of town for a few days and didn't feed the fish.

Here is a pic of the tank if anyone is interested. The past 2 days the little cory has been a bit more adventurous and making his way from the flowerpot on the right to the flowerpot on the left and then hiding in the Java Moss. Also spotted him laying on the leaves of the crypt.

at 1 to 1.5 cm he's too big for the existing tankmates to eat, dunno about the Rams though. At that size if the adults have food, he does too, and there's plenty of hiding space in that tank pic. Enjoy the small guy ;0

Well, I finally got a decent picture of the cory. Surprisingly enough I just found another baby today thats only maybe 2 weeks old, still doesn't have all of his color yet. No picture of the younger one yet though.

Back
Top Bottom