Found this on Craigslist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JeffreyBowers

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys found this set up on Craigslist for 150. Was considering getting it (40g with stand) only thing is I was told that a tank should not overhang on the stand. Does this look like it would be trouble. To me it looks like it hangs a bit on either sides. Should I hold out on it?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441936289.562511.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would do it but get a different stand. Looks waaayyy unstable IMO. Filter, heater, fish and everything included?

This is just tank,hood and stand. I don't mind waiting for something else if this setup looks a little sketch. Rather be safe than sorry.

And yeah I'll deff be using PFS not a fan of gravel haha

If your gonna buy a tank and not use the stand, don't pay 150$ for it... Wait til petco does a 1$/1g sale...
That stand looks pretty crappy...
I bought my tank and stand then built my own stand cuz the stand was garbage. Don't get hung up on it man be patient find something nicer,
I vote: pass

I agree, too expensive for what you are getting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wish we had the petco dollar a gallon sale here in Toronto :(

Yeah I wouldn't trust a tank on a stand like that. Tanks are heavy and I'd like to have the peace of mind my stand can hold it.

Craigslist is great, be patient and watch it like a hawk :) the good deals go fast!

Caleb

I wish we had the petco dollar a gallon sale here in Toronto :(

People on Craigslist are usually insane I've seen people ask 200 for a 20 gal with a light and filter. Your best bet is to find out if your local aquarium club has a website with a classified section, you'll likely find a fair price for better and proper equipment.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can find better.

I paid 165 for my 75 gallon with a 75 gallon-rated HOB, a 100 or so rated Sun-Sun Canister Filter, a heater, a 48 inch light, $45 worth of food, all the chemicals, rocks, and decorations. And a custom-made, super sturdy stand (not sure if custom-made or if just modified, but it works great!)

Also, it came with about $180 worth of fish.

So yeah, $165 for like $500+ of stuff? Not bad!

Wait for a better deal.

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

Back
Top Bottom