fowlr tank soon to be in progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also I heard you can dump tap water in for evaporated water but when you're doing water changes to use RO/salt mix... is that true?

Can I just get a 5gallon bucket filled and put it aside for evaporated water and pwc? Or does something happen to it if it sits? Lol

Ok I cleaned off my refractometer n pettite and restested everything today and here's what I have :
Salinity 1.028
pH 8.2
Ammonia 2ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 0ppm

Do you think the salinity is high bc of the shrimp? Its almost completely gone.

DanS180 said:
Ok I cleaned off my refractometer n pettite and restested everything today and here's what I have :
Salinity 1.028
pH 8.2
Ammonia 2ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 0ppm

Do you think the salinity is high bc of the shrimp? Its almost completely gone.

It is to high but the shrimp has nothing to do with it. You could remove 1/2 a gallon of saltwater from your tank and replace it with freshwater. That'll lower the salinity some. A level from 1.024-1.025 should be a good range for you.

CorallineAlgae said:
It is to high but the shrimp has nothing to do with it. You could remove 1/2 a gallon of saltwater from your tank and replace it with freshwater. That'll lower the salinity some. A level from 1.024-1.025 should be a good range for you.

Okay I'll try that... replace it with RO water right? Not tap water?

DanS180 said:
Okay I'll try that... replace it with RO water right? Not tap water?

Always use RODI. Tap water is usually loaded with minerals, phosphates, all the nasty stuff that will cause problems down the road.

crister13 said:
That's a great attitude!!!!

Yeah ive learned to be patient with doing fish tanks lol after all this is my 7-8th tank in the past 3 years lol never get anywhere by doing things the improper way :)

First SW tank so I wanna do EVERYTHING the right way and take a lil more time into doing it. Usually I get impatient and add fish but not this time, Idc if it takes a month to cycle, its getting cycled haha

Quick question.. if I can't run out n get more RO water, can I just use bottle water??

Well isn't every type of bottled water distilled?? I never actually took the time to look at that lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom