Fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeithFrancis

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys, I'm currently housing 1 4" Juvenile Koran tang, 1 6" sailfin tang as well a 1 4" lawnmower blenny in a 125 gallon tank with sump...

My question is simple, what does the group recommend for good fish compatibility? As I know both these fish will require larger tanks down the road! Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have attached a pic with my current aqua-scape set upImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452811151.748920.jpg

Did you mean Koran Angel?

I would go with a Foxface, some kind of wrasse that is not super aggressive, a Hawk, male Blue Throat Trigger, maybe a dwarf angel? There are so many cool Angels and wrasses, it is difficult to pick one.

Yes, Angel indeed! slippery fingers I guess;) the two of these fish are inseparable..amazing to see two totally different fish hanging, enjoying each other's company! Blenny is good with plenty of algae to eat..as for what to add, as for as fish to add..love the wrasse idea, don't want one that will out grow my 120 thou (rock moving wrasse) also angels are magnificent to watch in the water, but again have to make sure that it's compatible with the Koran

Hmm, interesting...how would a goby get along with lawnmower blenny??

they would be ok I never have had a issue with mine

If your looking for a nice colorful fish you may want to consider a Red Coris Wrasse

the Juvenile wrasse has a neat looking coloration that changes when it grows
when it's small it has the coloration of a clown orange and white

img_3339724_0_15c69a3fad05070ec98e095c615088ad.jpg

The adult wrasse has some awesome coloration

img_3339724_1_7dbb316e04ac2715c31a910a5e77b8d6.jpg

this wrasse has a fairly mellow disposition I can vouch for this as I have both
they love live feeder shrimp to snack on
they are listed as not reef safe but I have 1 of them in my reef never seen any type of issue other than the occasional snail they snacked on

Wow, thats gorgeous!! Both juvenile and adult...im going to definitely keep my eye out at my lfs to try and score one, that said are they expensive? Not that anything is cheap in this hobby lol

And the watchman goby looks similar to the lawnmower blenny..read somewhere there not keen on lookalikes

Wow, thats gorgeous!! Both juvenile and adult...im going to definitely keep my eye out at my lfs to try and score one, that said are they expensive? Not that anything is cheap in this hobby lol

Juvenile around 40

Adult around 60 and up depending on size

I haven't had any aggression between my goby and blenny it may have something to do with my tiny 90g tank

Back
Top Bottom