Free/Cheap plants for newbie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magdamire

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new and it was suggested that I post a new thread for my request so here goes!

My husband and I are looking to plant our 75gallon. Anyone have any easy to grow plants besides java fern, anacharis, or cabomba? Our pet stores have a very limited selection and most of it is half dead looking. We have 2 48" T5 bulbs and that's it. We had some jungle val that we loved years ago, but our tank became infested with a bunch of black hairy looking algea so we removed it all. If anyone has some cheap or free plants, that you think we could sucessfully keep let me know. I can pay shipping if it's reasonable. We live in SW Louisiana (Lake Charles) for anyone who needs that info. And we have a whopping 2 pet stores (PetCo and PetSmart) that sell plants.

:wave:

Give me until the end of the week to plant my 40B and I'll see what I have left. I may be able to part with some water sprite and maybe a few little java ferns.

We only have 2 T5 Hagan bulbs that go with their "Glo" fixture. We used to inject c02 but that didn't work out so well. We would like to go with easier plants

Try some Riccia Fluitans, they grow very rapidly. The can be used as carpeting plants. They are beautiful. Tho, u have to tie them on hard surfaces. Check out Aquabid.com or eBay.com there are people who sell a small portion of this plant. Soon it will cover your horizontal surfaces, and look very nice.

Back
Top Bottom