free tank!! (almost :()

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, thanks for all the suggestions... but we decided to get rid of the tank. the trim was stuck tight, and the whole project was overwhelming me.

BUT... i did some more trash picking today :) (i know, horrible...)
my neighbors set out a metal tank stand with their trash. It will fit a 20 gallon long, or a 29 gallon, which is exciting because if i can find one of those tanks cheap I can keep a goldfish. I love goldies, they are so interactive!

*edit* just realized that didn't make much sense without telling you that the tank I had originally planned to bring into my classroom was only a ten gallon- which has very limited potential :)

*GASP* lol well think goldies get about 2.5-3ft full grown!!!*gasp* just to give ya a heads up!

If there was a way to find out where it came from, maybe the store might have some sort of gaurante which would replace it for free.

PetsMart does that. Their TopFin brand tanks are easy to identify by the notches in the back corners of the tank which fit the top so it goes on one way. The back seems slightly higher if you look closley enough you might notice that.

virus, I've been doing research on goldies lately and a lot of the fancy ones max out at 12 inches.. still too big for a 20 gallon though :wink:

What about acrylic or glass cut to fit in the gap, on the inside of the tank. That seals the water in, and the original glass/plastic moulding would hold the rest together. I would think, not an expert though.

My bet would be to take it to a glass shop. Ask around, when I mention building an aquarium (I was tinkering with the idea of building my own), some of them perked right up and knew most of what I had researched about size and weights. Just don't expect the guys at sLowes or Home Despot to give good advice.

If you are curious, look in the DIY section for Garf's site.

Back
Top Bottom