Fresh, salt or brackish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im guessing your from the states go brackish its a good way to start salt I only jist converted my brackish to full marine worth the wait tho. But yeah if your wanting to do marine's I would go brackish for 6months and see if your ready for full marine

Im guessing your from the states go brackish its a good way to start salt I only jist converted my brackish to full marine worth the wait tho. But yeah if your wanting to do marine's I would go brackish for 6months and see if your ready for full marine

I agree whole heartedly!! I'm incredibly biased, but if you're interested in making your 54g a feature tank and you're interested in puffers and brackish and potentially saltwater there are several different varieties of gorgeous brackish puffers that are able to go from brackish to saltwater and thrive!!

Attachments

• 533499_465607380144752_1818460276_n.jpg
    533499_465607380144752_1818460276_n.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 65
Nope I'm pure canuk aka Canadian. I do find the brackish fish very interesting, I'm mean who can resist those chubby little adorable puffers! The mudskippers I could watch for hours! Could I add some dragon gobies to this mix? ( puffer/ mudskippers). Are all gobies brackish or are there some freshies?

Also can you mix puffers? Or are they to violent towards one another? And can the mud skippers and gobies go from brackish to salt?

Not all gobies are brackish. Not good idea to mix puffers. First thing you need to do is decide specifically what fish you want and the type of water they require. This requires some research and your note taking skills. You would not want to mix freshwater fish with potentially a brackish or saltwater fish. Good simple research and note taking helps you decide what works and what does not.

IMO a figure 8 with a knight goby would be a nice combo. Add a large short-finned molly to make the tank more diverse. All are light-brackish fish. Your tank is too small for a dragon goby. Dragon goby and mudskippers are brackish fish.

Terrance said:
Not all gobies are brackish. Not good idea to mix puffers. First thing you need to do is decide specifically what fish you want and the type of water they require. This requires some research and your note taking skills. You would not want to mix freshwater fish with potentially a brackish or saltwater fish. Good simple research and note taking helps you decide what works and what does not.

IMO a figure 8 with a knight goby would be a nice combo. Add a large short-finned molly to make the tank more diverse. All are light-brackish fish. Your tank is too small for a dragon goby. Dragon goby and mudskippers are brackish fish.

There are so many fish I want I'm having a terrible time deciding. Is there a difference between a knight goby and a grey night goby?

Dizzydea said:
There are so many fish I want I'm having a terrible time deciding. Is there a difference between a knight goby and a grey night goby?

I have never heard of grey night goby. Sounds like the same fish with 2 common names. Common names change often throughout history. Scientific names clear up a lot of confusion, but most people dont remember fish by those names.

Terrance said:
I have never heard of grey night goby. Sounds like the same fish with 2 common names. Common names change often throughout history. Scientific names clear up a lot of confusion, but most people dont remember fish by those names.

Ok thanks

Back
Top Bottom