Fresh to Brackish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I will! I gotta figure out what I'm going to do for hiding places for the little guys. Ant suggestions?

All I have is this piece of driftwood

Attachments

• image-1503195581.jpg
    image-1503195581.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 73
More driftwood . Small half buried clay pots ? I'm having water problems I've added 3 tbsps of salt dissolved in water and my SG will not go up ! Still at 1.004 , what am I doing wrong ?

Iv been doing a lot of research about bw because I have 2 tanks that I'm going to be converting hopefully starting this week :) The most helpful info Iv found so far on converting to bw is from the pufferforum the link is http://www.thepufferforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19348
(sorry I don't know how to link it into the thread I'm doing this on my phone). It lays out step by step what to do and everything you will need.

As far as the hiding places go it's just whatever you like, but personally I like the looks of half buried pots. Your tank looks great so far! In case I missed it what all do you have or plan to have in there?

Ha well I plan on building them a sanctuary in there for now then moving them to a 10

But I have archers. Mono. And gsp. Plan on a datnoid and a freshwater lionfish. Can't wait for the datnoid!

Becareful with the gsp I bought one and quickly returned it because it terrorized my tank , so they might eat / kill the gobys. But if it works great ! Thanks for the link :) and can't wait to see your gobys !!!! I love them <3

Ya I have 3 gsp and 1 figure 8 and they are as nice as can be thankfully! I got them all at the same time so they must of all been friends. But I want to get rid of two of them but I'm scared they are going to miss each other!

Here are some in the bag :) I got 12 I'll put a picture up of bumble bee apartments tomorrow lol

Attachments

• image-1913760460.jpg
    image-1913760460.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 78
So cute , they must be a different strand then mine . I've red they had different types but have never seen any . They almost look brindle .

Bumblebee goby tank :)

Attachments

• image-2095704256.jpg
    image-2095704256.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 87
Why thank you. I am hoping to get them to breed. But idk how hard that is

My book says the breed in freshwater and it isn't very hard to accomplish. , see if anyone else has had any success .

I thought about doing the hermits with my BB gobies when I heard they were BW adaptable, but then I also heard that they don't often adapt to BW so well and are often very sluggish. I hope you find otherwise because I would love to try it. I keep mine with fiddlers which works well, but they have to have a land area too.

That sounds really neat! What size tank do you have? My husband and I have been wanting to set up a tank that is both water and land... How difficult is it to do?

It's not hard to do at all but you will need some kind of filter in the water for the fish but really that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom