Fresh water clam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trdrollinon22s

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Fw clam stickin his neck out to move :)

Attachments

• image-2638328676.jpg
    image-2638328676.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 171
Cool! Where'd you get it? Can all freshwater tanks have clam? Might get one myself once my new tank cycled .

I've had that clam in there for about 3 yrs now :) I actually pulled it from a local lake !!

Trdrollinon22s said:
I've had that clam in there for about 3 yrs now :) I actually pulled it from a local lake !!

Awesome have anything else with it?

Yea I have 6 fw clams and 2 plecos and a mating pair of bosmi rainbows. With a bunch of babies

Attachments

• image-2382065443.jpg
    image-2382065443.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 155
  • image-1628107881.jpg
    image-1628107881.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 127
  • image-3074979263.jpg
    image-3074979263.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 124
Trdrollinon22s said:
Yea I have 6 fw clams and 2 plecos and a mating pair of bosmi rainbows. With a bunch of babies

Cool! I might get some from a local lake.

You don't feed them. They are filter feeders. They simply filter water through their "mouth" and eat microorganisms. I have one big clam in my tank and it's cool to watch. They don't do much or move often but it's cool when they do. It looks like they stick out their tongue and pull themselves along.

I don't have any clams in my sand tanks. The tank it is in is gravel. I don't see any trails just find him in a different spot

Nice picture. :) I have heard pretty mixed reviews about people being able to keep freshwater clams alive. Good job for keeping this guy for so long. :) They are super cool little critters IMO.

I remember when I had a apple snail die on me, he didn't come out of his shell for a week so I picked him up and it smelled like dead apple snail. At that moment I accidentally dropped him on the floor and brown liquid snail gushed all over the carpet in my room.

Back
Top Bottom