Fresh water clams??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had them. Don't waste your time. I never saw them and then they died and stuck like crazy.

Hey I have freshwater clams and I really like them. I bought them to work in my tank. They filter and clean the sand and do quite a nice job of it. Here is a couple of tips: 1. Don't buy them unless you use sand in your tanks. 2. Don't buy them to watch--clams are constantly burrowed in the sand and you usually don't see them unless they surface the sand. I see their little mouths pop out of the sand every now and then but that's it. If you do want to try them out to help clean your sand, get smallish ones and make sure they can completely burrow. I love mine. I have a 55 gallon planted tank so I can't get deep into the sand with the siphon to clean and they help out a lot.

Hey I have freshwater clams and I really like them. I bought them to work in my tank. They filter and clean the sand and do quite a nice job of it. Here is a couple of tips: 1. Don't buy them unless you use sand in your tanks. 2. Don't buy them to watch--clams are constantly burrowed in the sand and you usually don't see them unless they surface the sand. I see their little mouths pop out of the sand every now and then but that's it. If you do want to try them out to help clean your sand, get smallish ones and make sure they can completely burrow. I love mine. I have a 55 gallon planted tank so I can't get deep into the sand with the siphon to clean and they help out a lot.

Good point about the sand!! Thant had not
Even crossed my mind! I run Eco-complete so they are for me. :-(

Back
Top Bottom