FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm curious, too... I paid $1.79 a piece for my 6. Seemed like a really good deal. But i wasnt sure.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So can i get you to buy me some and ship them up to me? In the spring of course so temperature isn't an issue. I saw them listed as galaxy rasbora for $8 each.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That was the only time I've seen them LFS wise. I snagged the 6 they had. I don't see them much here at all.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Look at your downoi grow in out of control...
http://i.imgur.com/YY1gUoi.jpg

sit in silence...

That crop looks horribly crowded. As if it needs to be thinned out severely ? I am going to call the plant equivalent of PETA and report this immediately! They will drop off a bunch of insulated shipping boxes and heat packs. And labels. With my address on them because I reported this atrocity.
Just messing with you. Bravo, sir. Good job with these. Smh. It is as if your home team trading away a player only to have him show up on the all-star team next season.
Is this in the 40B or 'ol 20?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That crop looks horribly crowded. As if it needs to be thinned out severely ? I am going to call the plant equivalent of PETA and report this immediately! They will drop off a bunch of insulated shipping boxes and heat packs. And labels. With my address on them because I reported this atrocity.
Just messing with you. Bravo, sir. Good job with these. Smh. It is as if your home team trading away a player only to have him show up on the all-star team next season.
Is this in the 40B or 'ol 20?

Super crop in the unheated 6g..

sit in silence...

I think the last time the downoi looked really full was January 2015. I need to see what I was doing to the tank at that time:
ia0BIYk.png

Didn't you have the stingray and planted+ overlapping for 2 hours at this time? And I think you were doing a double dose of macros (with kno3) and micros.

Thanks for remembering. I ran both fugeray and planted+ until the dual t5no crapped out on the shrimp tank. While I am enjoying slower growth with lesser light (and less maintenance), I need to recognize there will be some limitations.
On another note, the day before a holiday my CO2 tank is near empty. I will refill it on Saturday; there will be too many crazies out on Friday.

No pics this time ?
Whelp, my near empty CO2 tank is still putting out. Registered zero or close to it almost a week ago. Opened up the needle valve a bit (to vent it before refill) and voila! It's releasing gas. I remember before my first tank refill last year I vented it in a glass of water at a torrid rate and it went on like that for over 30 minutes.
Plan on getting it refilled today. Needs a trim desperately. Was going to bring the trimmings to my local fish club auction next week but it appears there will be no auction this time (holiday potluck instead). The plants might go to my "friend" who was inquiring about the Finnex 24/7 over a 75g.

Good thinking! Sorry there won't be any cool auction items :(

I think you should just box up the whole tank and send it to me.
Y'all kill me with the amazing beauty you can get from these plants and I struggle to keep the plants alive.
Beautiful.

I think you should just box up the whole tank and send it to me.
Y'all kill me with the amazing beauty you can get from these plants and I struggle to keep the plants alive.
Beautiful.

Once you get things going it becomes a plant factory with very little effort. Initial setup and finding the plants that work is the biggest hurdle. After that, trim and replant/sell/give away.

Low light, Low fertz, lazyness? Who cares, looks darn good buddy! :) Keep it up

I've scaled back on light to see if reduces maintenance. It has a little. But some plants keep growing while others slow down. I think that is where I am seeing the differences between high medium and low medium plants. Sure, the rush of seeing a tank bubble up like 7-UP and plants hitting the top of the tank in less than a week is fun but I'd rather spend more time looking at than looking after it.

Back
Top Bottom