FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That may be some time off. I plan on filling it with staur repens for now. In the current setup the staur repens are staying pretty low and spreading by runners. In previous attempts with this plant it grew taller than I preferred and only spread via trimmings.
Awesome , my staur repens looks like it could carpet the whole tank but would take some time . IV thought about. Jus letting it carpet if the dwarf baby tears died , but so far it's coming back to life :) turned up the co2 alittle making sure it didn't effect the fish

Planted the staur repens in the open space. Early morning pic.
xQzDb3N.jpg
Closeup:
FURfhqG.jpg
Afternoon pic with CO2 running and both lights on. Note the true color of the AR mini. Apparently the morning and evening hues from the Finnex 24/7 emphasize the reds.
4RUvhtl.jpg

In time the new "carpet" will fill out and hopefully stay low. Of course, it's time to trim the pogo erectus again. I still have quite a bit of staur repens stems that need to go.
All for now.

Planted the staur repens in the open space. Early morning pic.
xQzDb3N.jpg
Closeup:
FURfhqG.jpg
Afternoon pic with CO2 running and both lights on. Note the true color of the AR mini. Apparently the morning and evening hues from the Finnex 24/7 emphasize the reds.
4RUvhtl.jpg

In time the new "carpet" will fill out and hopefully stay low. Of course, it's time to trim the pogo erectus again. I still have quite a bit of staur repens stems that need to go.
All for now.

Make sure when u cut those repens u cut them almost at substrate level. I made the mistake of cutting all mine at different heights. One side stayed lovely and tight knit and the other had a lot of gaps and gained too much height due to cutting them too high.

You probably already know this but thought I'd let u know :)

What's going on over there Fresh?

Nothing at all. Seriously. Aside from weekly water changes, all tanks get a 30 second inspection and feed each day. Since he weather has gotten nicer, I've been spending time and money outdoors. Garden shops are my kryptonite. I feel as if I am a cheap skate when it comes to aquariums but not so when it comes to the yard and garden.
Anywhoo, after planting the staur repens and doing an RAOK on the rest, this tank is going to chill like this for a while. The next step will be removing and selling the staur repens in a few months (typically my boredom threshold) and try the DHG Belem. And may swap out the substrate at that time. Here's a pic from the other day: IMG_2646.jpg

Looks awesome Fresh!
I had a couple spots of DHG that didn't die off one of the many times I tried it so I kept them and now I trim 2" off every week.
Looks cool though. You'll love it and I know yours will look amazing!

Thanks for the kind words.
I did trim the AR (it's a combo of mini and regular) and move a few stems to the left rear corner. I felt that the corner need "something". Also, trimmed the Ammania bonsai to fill in the empty space in front of that group. Sorry no pics this time!
Dale - trimming 2" off the DHG each week? Yikes! I'm leaning towards Belem (species) since it supposedly does not get very tall.
BBA is rearing its ugly head on the stones (again).

FTS yesterday after trimming about a dozen stems of Pogostemon erectus and Staurogyne repens. Making some room on the right front corner for the Downoi/Pogostemon helferi to make a comeback.
I actually cleaned the canister filter (2x in 6 months). Had some BBA and gave it a shot of H2O2; it's already turned pink.
e9niwSh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom