FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to here the bad news fresh, that would suck if they ganged banged her to death. I found one of me neons dead today; I've had my neons for over 2 years, then today doneski.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've add the rear glass top a few days ago so the likelihood of jumping out has been reduced. I've not seen any signs of breeding related aggression with the Furcatas; barely any interest with the female. Perhaps a toxin was introduced?
Ugh, plants are easy compared to this.
Out of the corner of my eye I see the gold tetras that have been banished to my holding tank. I've had them for 8 years; imagine they were at least a year or two when I got them. Their smirking now.

Do you know if the furs were captive bred or wild caught?

Idk. I will have to contact the LFS for the supplier info.
MsJinkzd bred and raised Furcatas outdoors last summer (SE Pa); she said she had a yield of 300.

It might be worth posting to see if anyone here has any. Or maybe try ordering from wetspot instead if you decide to get more.

It's sad because they are really really pretty and they looked so good and healthy just a few days ago!

The only other thing I can think of is did anything fall into the tank?? Someone in my aquarium club had a bunch of new fish and they did great for a few weeks then all of a sudden one by one died. While cleaning out the tank for a new order of fish he found one of his wife or daughters hair clip and we all agreed that it was mostly likely the metal that did it. (It was all rusty). It must have fallen in and his wife felt horrible.

Sorry fresh :( I hope this doesn't put you on another long hiatus!
I have really nothing to contribute here. Personally, I spend so much time obsessing and observing behavior that I take deaths personally because I feel like I did something to cause it, but I know you take good care of your tanks.
When I kept bows, given they weren't furs, all was well and dandy for a while and then all of a sudden they all turned on the large female and brutalized her to death. Lots of chasing and aggressive pecking among the ones I had remaining. I hear a lot of mixed suggestions on sex ratios and all sorts of stories of bullying. Could be as simple as that. Tired fish in the filter and the others maybe just couldn't take it. Anyway I hope you figure it out. Sorry!

Idk. I will have to contact the LFS for the supplier info.
MsJinkzd bred and raised Furcatas outdoors last summer (SE Pa); she said she had a yield of 300.

Been chatting with her about an order over the past couple of days and she does have furs in QT :whistle:

And I'm sorry to hear about the fish issues :(

I have habrosus and pygmaeus in my 16g. Over a couple of days I went from 4 to 1 habrosus, like your situation absolutely no idea why. Of course at this point the pygmaeus decided to act like a high school clique and treat the hab like an outcast. Felt sorry for it so I moved it to my betta tank...he lives peacefully with green rasboras and shrimp so that should be ok, right? Well, noooo, there's a reason he's called Pi Betta Psycho...just would not leave that poor cory alone. So back to the big tank and another email to Rachel adding habrosus to my order :whistle:

Anyhow....how is everything with the tank today?

Been chatting with her about an order over the past couple of days and she does have furs in QT :whistle:

She also has Cana snails :( I'm so mad I'm not in Pennsylvania. I'm trying to convince her to drive to Kentucky with a few in her luggage and sell them to me within state lines.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

She also has Cana snails :( I'm so mad I'm not in Pennsylvania. I'm trying to convince her to drive to Kentucky with a few in her luggage and sell them to me within state lines.

Less than a 2 hour drive from here! Thinking about a visit up there when the weather is nicer.

No deaths today! ?
Wondering if I had introduced something (lotion, etc) into the tank. Are the Furcatas more sensitive than the others?
The fish are fickle eaters. One day they like the NLS flakes, another day the Omega, sometimes FD tubifex worms, sometimes FD brine shrimp. I give them a bit of everything just to cover the bases.
Theresa - If you do make it to PA, be sure to check out her outdoor setup. Could you imagine breeding/raising a few hundred Furcatas? I think hers go for ~$3 (don't quote me) a piece.
PayPal funds burning a hole in my pocket. I want to get a canister to replace the dual AC50s and to power a DIY CO2 reactor. Several brands/models to choose from.

I've been eyeballing canisters lately. Think I might get a Fluval 206 if I see a good price on Amazon.

Then I can build a reactor ?

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

I've been eyeballing canisters lately. Think I might get a Fluval 206 if I see a good price on Amazon.

Then I can build a reactor ?

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

Nice canister with great flow! By the way where do you purchase these so called "chicken fish"? Lol

Nice canister with great flow! By the way where do you purchase these so called "chicken fish"? Lol

What's the inside diameter of the Fluval tubing? Hoping its standard like 5/8" or 3/4". Any issue hooking up inline devices (heater, reactor) with the tubing?
Try AquaBid :) for the "Fowlus picius"
I try not to offer hardscape advice. DW, sure but not with stone placement.

They were clearing the fluval 106,206's at pertsmert last i was in there a few days ago. Worth checking out..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They were clearing the fluval 106,206's at pertsmert last i was in there a few days ago. Worth checking out..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Let me check locally. On the website they appear to be full price ($129). On fleabay about $10 or more less than that. I've got some PayPal $$$ to burn.
SunSuns look good price and flow wise. The issues with the durability of the plastic parts is a concern.

Might have to swing by after work today.

Fresh, what's part availability like on the SunSun filters? It seems like around here most LFS carry Fluval parts, and you can get anything online if you can wait a couple days. Never looked for SunSun parts.

Just something to think about.

No deaths today! ?
Wondering if I had introduced something (lotion, etc) into the tank. Are the Furcatas more sensitive than the others?
The fish are fickle eaters. One day they like the NLS flakes, another day the Omega, sometimes FD tubifex worms, sometimes FD brine shrimp. I give them a bit of everything just to cover the bases.
Theresa - If you do make it to PA, be sure to check out her outdoor setup. Could you imagine breeding/raising a few hundred Furcatas? I think hers go for ~$3 (don't quote me) a piece.
PayPal funds burning a hole in my pocket. I want to get a canister to replace the dual AC50s and to power a DIY CO2 reactor. Several brands/models to choose from.

Oh so this would be a bring the monster Nikon and not just the iPhone trip!

Back
Top Bottom