FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oooooh, I really like where this is going Fresh. I will definitely stay tuned. Do you plan on keeping things shorter on the right side?

Thanks for that link, I was thinking of ordering either HC or glosso myself. I don't think I've seen that particular site before.

So we went from Easter Eggs to tooth picks. JK

This is going to be awesome when things root and start to spread!

Nice work!

Looks sweet Fresh!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! It's about time ami switched things around.

Oooooh, I really like where this is going Fresh. I will definitely stay tuned. Do you plan on keeping things shorter on the right side?

Thanks for that link, I was thinking of ordering either HC or glosso myself. I don't think I've seen that particular site before.

Pretty sure I'll keep it low on the right side. If an interesting piece of hardscape will compliment or balance the layout, then I might add it.
These plants are very new to me. I can see why DSM is popular for such tiny plants.
In DEC 2012 I placed an order through that company. A hodgepodge of plants. They were operating out of SD at the time. I think within the first 3-6 months I killed off about 50% of the plants. Or more. I do like the root pellets and nifty pellet injector they sell.
So we went from Easter Eggs to tooth picks. JK

This is going to be awesome when things root and start to spread!

Nice work!

Must be the cabin fever. Finished up around 2:30, alarm went off 3 hours later, working from home because they are cleaning off the parking lots at work. And dragging now...
If I had your DIY LED skills, I would be rigging up something in the kitchen such as under cabinet lighting or toe kick accent lighting.

Must be the cabin fever. Finished up around 2:30, alarm went off 3 hours later, working from home because they are cleaning off the parking lots at work. And dragging now...
If I had your DIY LED skills, I would be rigging up something in the kitchen such as under cabinet lighting or toe kick accent lighting.

Ikea - Under cabinet lighting much cheaper than doing it DIY. That is what I did.

Where do you get your plants from nowadays Fresh? I've tried to get some from TPT, but the responses have been sparse and not to my total liking.

Where do you get your plants from nowadays Fresh? I've tried to get some from TPT, but the responses have been sparse and not to my total liking.

Aside from this recent purchase, typically other hobbyists (mostly AA). But it's been a while. I've never tried TPT.
Hit up folks with planted tanks...trimming is inevitable and they may be tossing out something you could use.

Looks AWESOME and sweet parva!

Parva on roids. That's what emersed growth looks like. It is already starting to melt as expected:
jnTo6Duh.jpg
Im hoping new leaves come by next week.

Aside from this recent purchase, typically other hobbyists (mostly AA). But it's been a while. I've never tried TPT.
Hit up folks with planted tanks...trimming is inevitable and they may be tossing out something you could use.

I am about to do a major trim on the 40 and will be tossing everything I cut in the trash....Just saying

Nothing that you would want I'm afraid.

All the chopping I did went down the drain. If there is something I have that you want let me know.

Actually I'm good. Trying to scale back actually. And take your time with the stones. I'm concentrating on getting the new plants to root.

So I woke up to see this with the new carpeting plants:
KPmUa3e.jpg
NudwZ8y.jpg
Toothpicks don't seem to be holding the plants in place. The MTS are pushing Glosso out of the substrate. Grrrrrr!!!!
I came up with an idea of how to anchor the plants into the substrate. I took tin snips and cut a 4"x4" stainless steel mesh into sixteen 1"X1" squares:
SrEpz7U.jpg
After cutting, superglue was needed to keep some of them from coming unbound.
The carpet plants were removed from the tank, placed upside down, and using a paper towel, blotted dry. The Glosso had plenty of roots while the HC Cuba had maybe 1-3 new roots per group. Next, a few drops of super glue was applied to each steel mesh square and pressed firmly to the bottom of each plant group. After letting them dry a few minutes, I dropped them into the tank. They sank like anchors. I planted each one 1/4"-1/2" deep into the EcoComplete.
82Eh4gf.jpg
xlZJQsK.jpg
I am hoping the combination of weight and the tines of the mesh will keep these in place.
I thinned out a row of Staur repens, planted Pogo erectus in the right corner, and pulled some AR mini from the left side. The DW was raised up a smidge. This is a daytime shot showing the completed work and how much direct sunlight hits the tank.
3hD1zqX.jpg

Aw the HC Cuba looks incredibly healthy. I need to purchase from that seller.

Back
Top Bottom