FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a side view of the Glosso:
RP3Dnhfh.jpg
2-3 week progression:
IDmgH14h.jpg

The HC Cuba is not showing much growth. There are some low growing side shoots with slightly larger leaves but keeping it firmly planted is a challenge. It is just a matter of time before the Glosso will cover the HC Cuba. I moved some stray pieces to the terrarium.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I love that side view shot. Keep up the good work, Fresh!

Looks great Fresh! That glossy is going nuts. I think you got er dialed in.

Trimmed the tank this morning. Before and after:
QGJgPadh.jpg
vMx8puhh.jpg
Removed about 30 stems of Ludwigia sp. 'red' and all of the Blyxa alternifolia along the left front of the tank. More real estate for the Glosso.
Here are few pics to show how thick it has grown in. EggPatch is taking over. May have to think about thinning it out so it does not start growing up over itself.
kb9HrRCh.jpg
0uOvOJ0h.jpg

Trimmed the tank this morning. Before and after:
QGJgPadh.jpg
vMx8puhh.jpg
Removed about 30 stems of Ludwigia sp. 'red' and all of the Blyxa alternifolia along the left front of the tank. More real estate for the Glosso.
Here are few pics to show how thick it has grown in. EggPatch is taking over. May have to think about thinning it out so it does not start growing up over itself.
kb9HrRCh.jpg
0uOvOJ0h.jpg

Looking good!

What ferts are u using

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Modified PPS-Pro dry ferts from GLA (Green Leaf Aquatics). Modified as in:
1. The nitrates are not added into the macro mix but added to their own dosing container.
2. Phosphate in the macro mix is tripled (using 9g instead of 3g per 500 mL water).

Wow what a change. Removing the ludwigia red gave way to a lot of photo. Glosso carpet will look epic. Might need to try some if you have trimming.

I selected a few pieces of the raffle manzanita and mounted them on a 4"x4" SS mesh using SS screws.
hDlZl7Oh.jpg
rRLfnUoh.jpg
I want to put this in my planted tank. That means I need to make some room. I plan to REMOVE ALL of the plants and DW on the left side. Then I will coordinate the existing DW and the new DW on the empty hill. I plan on keeping the AR mini, Downoi, Ammania bonsai, and pogo erectus (blue circles). The crypt parva, pogo quadrifolius, and what's left of the Limno aromatica, Rotala macrandra, and Ludwigia species 'red' (yellow circles) will need new homes.
2yBeofMh.jpg
Then the Glosso will be allowed to carpet the tank.
Not sure when I will get the time to do this; perhaps this coming weekend.

Wow, exciting changes. This seems to be similar to your earlier vision/plan with the vast carpet.

I like the combination of the new DW with the "bases". I have a couple of similar chunks I got from the local auctions, one I used and one I never did (then packed up and in a storage tote forgotten), and until now, this jogging my memory, may have to dig mine out :)

@autumn - Sounds like it's time to rummage through the storage bin. A few scapes come to mind (JungleFowl's old 10g) that have a hill and branches and a valley of green. This is definitely a departure from the jungle look. Going for a more simpler design with fewer plants.
@dela - The SS mesh is leftover from a moss project. I still have another 1'x1' sheet of it still in its shipping package.
I like the placement of two of the new manzanita branches; third looks a bit off. I might cut a different angle in the base so it presents itself to be more in line with the other two or I could add a few of the existing branches to this base. SS mesh is not as heavy as slate but it can be buried and it is easier to make changes with the DW placement.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this tank comes together. Nice pickup with the driftwood.

Loving this tank Fresh! Those pieces of wood are gonna look sweet in there too.

Looking great Fresh! The spider wood is sweet looking and is gonna look great in there too.

Looking great Fresh! The spider wood is sweet looking and is gonna look great in there too.

Sorry, thought the 1st post didn't go thru.....

So awesome fresh. I'm super proud of your glosso and how easy you make it look!
Sorry I've been ghost...got the house so I'm doing a lot of work up there, prepping for fish transport...very scared!

Back
Top Bottom