FresH2O's Shrimp Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moved the manzanita DW "bouquet" out of the planted tank and into the shrimp tank for now. BBA, 2 types of moss, and HC Cuba attached to it. The shrimp pounced on it immediately.
The TDS, lighting, ferts, and carbon are much lower in this tank. Will be interesting to see if what happens to the BBA.
k6UNO0Lh.jpg

Moved the manzanita DW "bouquet" out of the planted tank and into the shrimp tank for now. BBA, 2 types of moss, and HC Cuba attached to it. The shrimp pounced on it immediately.
The TDS, lighting, ferts, and carbon are much lower in this tank. Will be interesting to see if what happens to the BBA.
k6UNO0Lh.jpg

I think the driftwood looks right at home there. I daren't say more than it did in the 20 gallon. Seems to really add something to the tank and the shrimps will love it.

I may keep it in there. Maybe push it to the left some.
The shrimp have taken to it like pigeons on a statue:
XBkTxD3h.jpg

pGqIgKP.jpg
I always thought red cherry shrimp were a bit overrated when it comes to algae consumption. I suppose that depends on the type of algae. Here is a series of pics showing red cherry shrimp grazing on the fine, short, hair-like algae on a sprig of Pogostemon helferi.
I'll post an update in the AM.

Be honest, is the guppy grass due for a trim? IMG_2877.jpg Confessions of a negligent shrimp keeper. I will be harvesting and selling off most of the guppy grass in a week or so.
I still have a decent colony of RCS in this tank. It is difficult to assess the population due to the foliage.

Be honest, is the guppy grass due for a trim? View attachment 300694 Confessions of a negligent shrimp keeper. I will be harvesting and selling off most of the guppy grass in a week or so.
I still have a decent colony of RCS in this tank. It is difficult to assess the population due to the foliage.

Maybe chop off a leaf or two haha.

Thanks for the helpful pruning tips LOL!
TBH, I have not tested the params in this tank in a few years. Plants are growing; shrimp are producing babies.
Just a thought...if I sell off all of the RCS (no clue how many are in there), remove half of the plants, then maybe I can get a group of Furcata Rainbows to breed. Still sore after losing a school of them a few years back because of a CO2 debacle. I don't buy fish very often (like 5 times in the last 5 years) so any losses are significant.

You don't have to prune. Pretty sure if you touch it explodes. Your shrimp must be happy but if you aren't enjoying them I'm sure you will find them a good home.

Thanks for the helpful pruning tips LOL!
TBH, I have not tested the params in this tank in a few years. Plants are growing; shrimp are producing babies.
Just a thought...if I sell off all of the RCS (no clue how many are in there), remove half of the plants, then maybe I can get a group of Furcata Rainbows to breed. Still sore after losing a school of them a few years back because of a CO2 debacle. I don't buy fish very often (like 5 times in the last 5 years) so any losses are significant.

This would be an excellent tank for some Threadleaf/NL Java Fern and some Buce if you'd ever want to do that. I like the idea about the Furcata Rainbowfish. I've thought about adding them to my tank too--just a thought though.

Back
Top Bottom