FresH2O's Shrimp Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a big fan of guppy grass, my old Spec 5 setup was just full of it. It didn't handle being in a different tank very well though, even it if was only temporary :(

No car again so I won't be going to the auction today either...

The oto and RCS I was going get this week will be auction items since I could not make it there. There will be other events to go to this spring.
If the guppy grass keeps growing like this I will have to shipping it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Love the Guppy Grass too - but it gets cranky and dies off sometimes with changing tanks in my own house too. I don't think it likes very warm water.

Those are great looking plants. Too bad you missed the auction, somebody somewhere will be happy with them though, so not bad.

Maybe the extra patch of Red Moss will take off too.

Just a pic of some emersed growth in the temp shrimp tank (Ludwigia sp, Bacopa):
vbbti1B.png
Red root floaters are red up top.
Would like to move the shrimp from the temp tank to the new shrimp tank this weekend. I will be able to see how much guppy grass is in this tank (and ship it out early next week for anyone interested).
The grand plan would be to move the shrimp from the temp tank, move the fish from the planted tank to the temp tank, remove about 75-80% of the plants from that tank (big sell off), do a rescape (less plants more hardscape) and move the fishes back. More details to be added to my planted tank thread...

Looks nice, I've been wondering how things were going with this tank.

Love the pic! The red root floaters are only still present in one tank that I can tell...the walstad betta tank.
Always looking forward to the updates you do a fine job sir

I was up late last night catching shrimp. They have been moved to the updated shrimp tank. Having no substrate in the temp tank helps; I merely siphoned them out. Here is a pic I took at 4 am (still clearing up):
ZFDsNMW.png
I moved some red moss that is tied to SS mesh. Interestingly, the small clumps of red moss that I put in the tank a few weeks ago is a deep scarlet while the red moss that had been in the temp tank is more brown and translucent. Hopefully it becomes red as well.
An update on the cholla stuffed with Java moss. It is starting to grow out, Play Doh style:
NiqZiLZ.png

A few stems of guppy grass are in here as well as some free roaming subwassertang and red root floaters. I think I will limit it to that. And the nano moss balls that should be here on Monday. I took the manzanita branches out. IMO it did not fit with the Malaysian dw and I plan on using it in the planted tank.
Future stock for this tank? Maybe CRS. And Otos. Kuhlis have been on the back burner but not sure if they will make a dent in the shrimp population ?

Really like the stuffed cholla!

Cherries and CRS are a nice combo. While I love kuhlis they will definitely eat shrimplets. It's a good size tank though and with so many plants and other hiding places that might not be an issue.

Stuffed cholla sounds like a menu item at a fancy restaurant. ?? "Yes, I'll have the Stuffed Cholla and a side of Grey Poupon."
I've got tons of guppy grass to get rid of. A stray stem or two from a snail order soon filled up the bottom of a five gallon bucket:
Zh8DHQz.png
Holla if ya want some!
Edit: Just read my post. Who orders mustard as a side?

My cherry's & tangerines won't even go for the shrimp crack anymore..they seem to like this fluval shrimp pellets I've got...

sit in silence...

Not shrimp cuisine; snobbish I suppose. They do like Kens Veggie sticks, various algae wafers especially the one in the orange package with the loach on it, blanched zucchini. They get the shrimp crack about once a month (I keep forgetting I have some). They like it. They've even snacked on frozen bloodworms.

Last edited by a moderator:
That tank is lookin' good. Cholla Playdoh rofl... with a side of mustard omgoodness.
Interesting about the Red Moss. What is different between the tanks? I like red moss but translucent moss I don't know, so I want to do mine right when I finally order some! Figure it out for me so I can rest easy when it comes in! hahaha.

Shipment came in from Hans. Ordered it on 12/31 which was totally LAST YEAR ?
Filter screen for the planted tank and nano moss balls for the scrimp tank. Getting tired of snails stuck on the intake; hopefully this will allow them to linger somewhere else. The moss balls are dime size. Perfect for smaller tanks. Going to drop them in tonight.
All the transferred shrimp have colored up and are busy grazing on everything. I like this layout compared to the previous one. With the heavy crypt growth it was difficult to see the shrimp.
Might be my imagination but the red moss I moved over a couple of days ago appears to be less translucent brown (and getting darker). Not as dark as the moss that was already in there. Pretty sure the shrimp tank has less light. Ferts and temps are the same.
TqLG3iz.png

Back
Top Bottom