Freshwater angelfish Q's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JLK. I need your help. I'm noticing a weird film growing on the floor ( gravel ) is it decaying food or some kind of Algae. I don't know what it is ?

jlk said:
Can you post a pic of it? Is it a brown film covering the gravel?

For some reason my app won't let me post pictures for the past couple days. Is a whitish clear film. Looks mostly around un eaten food.

Sorry I can't post a picture.

I was thing of using the gravel vac and doing another water change to clean it up. But I don't know what it is :-(

Thats odd. Is it fuzzy or just a film? Fuzziness can be fungus growing on any leftover food (and it grows literally overnight). If its just a white film, I am honestly not sure what it is & I would vac it up with a water change. Unless its mobile...

jlk said:
Thats odd. Is it fuzzy or just a film? Fuzziness can be fungus growing on any leftover food (and it grows literally overnight). If its just a white film, I am honestly not sure what it is & I would vac it up with a water change. Unless its mobile...

It's kinda both fuzzy and a film. But only looks to be around un eaten food. I'm going to have to cut back on the feeding

jlk said:
Likely just some fungus. Just clean it up with a wc. :)

It will be okay to do another WC. i just did one on Sunday. It's ok to do more than one a week. And if their both between 30-50 % is that okay ?

Your fine to do another water change! You don't have to do a big one if you don't want to but atleast enough to clean up the stuff growing on the bottom. :)

jlk said:
Your fine to do another water change! You don't have to do a big one if you don't want to but atleast enough to clean up the stuff growing on the bottom. :)

But if I did end up doing a large water change while cleaning is that a problem ?

Smomus that explains why everyone I've checked to see if they have pics in their profile they don't. :)

Thank you

FWIW, I'm trying to grow out a group of angels quickly, and I do 50-60% water changes on their tank 4-6 times a week. Clean water doesn't hurt them.

I heard that they were schooling fish. So it would be best to keep them in a group. They are slow moving fish so don't keep them with aggressive fish that nip fins.

Pleky plec said:
I heard that they were schooling fish. So it would be best to keep them in a group. They are slow moving fish so don't keep them with aggressive fish that nip fins.

My single angel is just fine. If they pair up they become aggressive

If they pair and mate they may become aggressive. I have four angels and gourami and clown loaches and glofish and shrimp. Aggression really depends on the individual fish. Hit or miss in my opinion.

Stephen Rollins said:
When did this change take place? Must have been in the last couple days

No been that way as long as I've been here. However, I believe the more posts you make, the more pics your allowed to post. Might be wrong tho

smomus said:
No been that way as long as I've been here. However, I believe the more posts you make, the more pics your allowed to post. Might be wrong tho

That is too odd. I just deleted all the pics in my album. And it still won't let me post any pics on my replays. I was able to take them right off my phone and upload them straight to the reply. And now it won't let me and gives me that error message

Back
Top Bottom