freshwater flounder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kukerdan

Aquarium Advice Activist
whats the deal with these guys, how do you feed em,

one of my pair was swimming around the tank at the top happily, riding the air bubles, so i fed the fish, thinkin maybe he was looking for food, he tried to get a peice, but failed, lol, i have variety wafers scattered around , is this good food for them?

on a side note : my baby goby likes to attack and chase the wafers

I don't think any eel, pufferfish, flounder or what other fish that has the name fw in front of it is really a fw fish. They all are better off in an aquarium with salt.

i have 3 fw flounders. i add a hefty teaspoon of salt per gallon and they are doing just fine.

Screaming chimp??

i have 3 fw flounders. i add a hefty teaspoon of salt per gallon and they are doing just fine.
I am interested to know how long you have had them. What size were they when you bought them and what size they are now. Are you using marine salt, or aquarium salt?

ive had them for a few months now. theyve grown for sure since i got them. of course though i feed them well. i have them in with ghost shrimp. 7 of those as well. one of the flounders is about an inch and a half or so, the other 2 are about an inch.

im actually using aquarium rock salt. they seem to be real happy. active at night, always doing something.

Aquarium salt will not make your water brackish. You need to use marine salt. If you continue to keep the flounder in FW then its lifespan will be greatly shortened.

kukerdan-I would really recommend you give away a lot of your fish. In both tanks, you are WAY overstocked. In the ten gal you have 16 fish and some of those fish will reach a good size and there will be compatability issues. In the 90 gal you have 38 fish with compatability issues and some of those fish will get HUGE.

hmm. well ill look into that. i have them also in with neons and the ghost shrimp. is that going to affect them negitivly?

yeah, ill pot some pics. maybe a video clip?

Back
Top Bottom