Freshwater Frog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IssyDizzy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there any frogs or maybe shrimps that could go with any livebearer or tetras/algae eaters.

If so please could you include some info and tips.

Thanks

Izzy if it's for your 12.5 gallon you don't have room for frogs. If you get rid of the mollies you could do 2 or 3 Dwarf african frogs. They can be fun. They have very poor eye sight so you need to spot feed them with a dropper or something similar to be sure they are getting enough to eat. Don't get the big African clawed frogs as they will eat anything that fits in their mouth. If your keeping the mollies you could add 2-3 ghost shrimp.

Izzy if it's for your 12.5 gallon you don't have room for frogs. If you get rid of the mollies you could do 2 or 3 Dwarf african frogs. They can be fun. They have very poor eye sight so you need to spot feed them with a dropper or something similar to be sure they are getting enough to eat. Don't get the big African clawed frogs as they will eat anything that fits in their mouth. If your keeping the mollies you could add 2-3 ghost shrimp.

Thank for the help I thought frogs only needed 2.5 gallon! But shrimp sound fun. special food?
How small a tank could a frog have? Better together? Special food?

Dwarf african frogs do best in small groups and it's recommended a 2.5 gallon tank can hold 2 but I feel a slightly larger tank of at least 5 would be much better for them. I haven't kept these frogs since my kids were little in the 80's but I remember feeding frozen brine shrimp and frozen bloodworms to them. I'm sure you could research and find other suitable foods. Shrimp will actually eat whatever fish food they can get but if you get any be sure they have some type of hiding place in the tank.

Dwarf african frogs do best in small groups and it's recommended a 2.5 gallon tank can hold 2 but I feel a slightly larger tank of at least 5 would be much better for them. I haven't kept these frogs since my kids were little in the 80's but I remember feeding frozen brine shrimp and frozen bloodworms to them. I'm sure you could research and find other suitable foods. Shrimp will actually eat whatever fish food they can get but if you get any be sure they have some type of hiding place in the tank.

Thanks that was very helpful

Back
Top Bottom