Freshwater goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jetajockey said:
Peacock gudgeons are freshwater. Empire gudgeons as well, but they are a lot less common and really expensive, and really should be kept slightly brackish for best results.

How expensive more than 50$? I heard bumblebee gobys can be both.

Yeah there's a lot of info on bumblebees if you just do a forum search.

I haven't seen any empire gudgeons lately but last time I was looking at them they were 25-30 or so apiece for adults, it's not as much as some fish, but for an online fish purchase it is.

Fishie said:
How expensive more than 50$? I heard bumblebee gobys can be both.

All, types of BBG's should be kept in brackish for best ” results”. There is a pretty rare type that can do either, but brackish is still best for it. So either way they should be in brackish tank.

Most gobies need at least brackish water for long-term survival in captivity.

Bumblebees are able to live a lot longer in brackish water.
I can't really recommend any pure freshwater gobies since I don't know of any.

In Oregon, there is a LFS that specialize in FW gobies. Perhaps you can do some research on some of their gobies.
Fish
Just CTRL+F "goby"

You can find a few of their gobies on aquabid.

I've kept and bred peacock gudgeons for a few years, have always kept them in FW and have never had any issues with it. I sold off most of my breeders but I still have an adult male and a few females that spawn every now and again. Rearing the fry is a totally different story, though.

Back
Top Bottom