Freshwater shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tyler2354

Aquarium Advice Activist
I set up a 55 gallon tank with bala sharks and a rainbow shark and a few different barbs in it for my girlfriend. What is something super cool I could put in there?

I set up a 55 gallon tank with bala sharks and a rainbow shark and a few different barbs in it for my girlfriend. What is something super cool I could put in there?

Nada, balas get over 2 feet an will put grow a 55 and are incredibly active

I know how big they get. I'm not planning on keeping them when they are ginormous. I just want something else really cool to put in there

As already stated, the balas need to be rehomed.
With barbs, your choices are very limited to what fish you can get. Long fins become an issue because barbs like to nip them. That leaves nice centerpiece fish like angels out of the option.
Really if you're wanting all of those "cool" fish like that you should upgrade. Then you can keep your balas. And maybe get a black ghost knife or something.

What sort of barbs do you have? Certain dwarf cichlids could work such as a pair of kribs.

Back
Top Bottom