freshwater stingray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

predator1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
where can i get a freshwater stingray for under $80? website or in the kansas city area. does matter species or size, it will be put into a large pond in 3 years anyway
he will be in tank with silver arowana and clown knife.
what else should i put in their, i want one or two more, datnoid or peacock bass or what?

Stingrays
Good luck with it.
Also, they produce a lot of waste, and they swim a lot.
Don't forget to add a lot of height!

what do you mean heigth?
and i have a large sump and 2 large hang on back filters, and would glady edit my tank for him for swimming space ive always wanted one but cant find the right price :(

Also, you're pond should be at least 300 gallons. Even that's not enough. They need extreme attention, and will die easily if not taken care of. Also, there might be legal matter to it. I know it's illegal in Texas.
Some people keep it in 100 gallon tanks, witch i wouldn't recommend:)

Also, you're pond should be at least 300 gallons. Even that's not enough. They need extreme attention, and will die easily if not taken care of. Also, there might be legal matter to it. I know it's illegal in Texas.
Some people keep it in 100 gallon tanks, witch i wouldn't recommend:)

they are legal in missouri and its my friends pond and he has a ton of different types of stingrays,

what do you mean heigth?
and i have a large sump and 2 large hang on back filters, and would glady edit my tank for him for swimming space ive always wanted one but cant find the right price :(
Well they need a lot of swimming space from what i've researched. Like i said previously, 300 is a lot, but more is better. How much do you expect to buy?

they are legal in missouri and its my friends pond and he has a ton of different types of stingrays,
Also, as i said, they need a lot of care and attention. They can become very lethargic, stop eating and stuff like that if they are not well watched after:/

They need huge tanks or the edges of their bodies get battered and bruised.

Not a fish for small tank imo.

Also, as i said, they need a lot of care and attention. They can become very lethargic, stop eating and stuff like that if they are not well watched after:/

after spending even like $50 i would make sure to take extreme care, also if i need help my friend has had a ton of them, and ive done my research, im only looking to buy one because all i have is a 125 gallon tank :( it will only be in until he thinks its too big for my tank and then hes taking it..
i will also have a clown knife and silver arowana in tank which will also go to him, what else should i put in with him, i would like at least 2 more fish. but i guess if i cant, i cant..

after spending even like $50 i would make sure to take extreme care, also if i need help my friend has had a ton of them, and ive done my research, im only looking to buy one because all i have is a 125 gallon tank :( it will only be in until he thinks its too big for my tank and then hes taking it..
i will also have a clown knife and silver arowana in tank which will also go to him, what else should i put in with him, i would like at least 2 more fish. but i guess if i cant, i cant..
I wouldn't recommend adding 2 more fish. Make sure the temperature is between 22C-30C. Sting ray's are picky:3

You could easily do 2 Teacup Stingrays in your tank, they stay relatively small for rays - about 15 inches fully grown plus tail.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom