Friendliest fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Friendliest fish to the owner or to its tank mates? Would say my gardneri are the friendliest and most outgoing towards me but towards other tankmates I'd say my harlequin rasbora.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The friendliest fish to me in my aquarium is my male Angel fish. When I get near the tank he swims right up and "dances" around in front of me. I'm sure, he's anticipating food each time. It's cute though. If I try to move left or to the right of him he always follows me. But, he is definitely not the friendliest to the other fish.

I've had corys nibble my arm, in a nice way, when cleaning the tank. And they are always entertaining and friendly. And they certainly are friendly to their tank mates. They are known as being one of the most peaceful and nonthreatening fish around.

Of course considering my nickname here, you know I have to put in a plug for corys

IMO my honey gouramis are very friendly to me! I handfeed em with pellet and all of em came to me and swim around me, they always notice me if im looking at them, although my pacus and silver dollar are friendly too.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I would say for me it is my 2 Cory cats , they are such a bonded pair often swimming at mid tank level and rubbing against each other. No idea if males or females but they sure are happy together.

Mine has definitely been dojo loaches. They always know when I come to the tank and rush to the top wanting food out of my hand.

Caleb

I love American cichlids, but the friendliest fish I have owned were goldfish.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a 4 year old male betta who is the friendliest fish in the world. He's with endlers and cherry shrimp and he always begs for attention at the glass. He always swims around my fingers while I'm messing with his plants and cleaning.

40g community
36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
5.5g betta

Thanks for all the responses guys, keep them coming!

Just to clarify I was referring towards friendliness toward humans, not tankmates.

Oh yea :p my gars also pretty friendly to me (they are still small) i threw pellet at them and they eat it by raising their heads :3 they are a bit afraid but eat it directly so other fish wont headbutt them til they jump lol

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine would be my angels, guppies that I bred myself (not the store bought ones), and my Bolivian Rams!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

koi are amazingly friendly. I take care of two that are over a foot long in a 210 gallon at our local animal shelter and they are ridiculously tame and friendly, not just for food either, lol.

At home, my datnoid Dolores is so into people (me in particular) that I feel devastated I can't jump in the tank with her for a good frolic, lol. Deadly to any fish she thinks she can swallow though :)

The friendliest fish ive ever own are puffers. my figure 8 puffer always follows me around the tank. My mudskippers do too but not like the figure 8.

Goldfish hands down, always wanting to be pet.

My Platy Fish are always nibbling my fingers when I'm cleaning the tank etc - don't know if they're being friendly or greedy though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom