frog i.d.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

asberry2

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can anyone identify this frog for me? I got it from a local pond as a tadpole. It just recently came completely out of the water

ForumRunner_20120518_204439.jpg

ForumRunner_20120518_204500.jpg

. I live in western North Carolina if that helps. Thank you.

Judging by the "X" on the back, my guess would be a spring peeper, a very common frog in the eastern and central US. Plus a quick google search shows they do in fact live in western NC. I see them all the time here in Michigan

Pinhead crickets maybe? Like new born. Otherwise you could try fruit flys or springtails (both commonly used to feed dart frogs)

You can find fruitfly and springtails cultures (larva + food) on most websites that sell reptile or amphibian supplies, like black jungle or LLL reptile

Okay. I've got two different looking frogs..different than the ones we decided were spring peepers.

ForumRunner_20120602_212158.jpg

ForumRunner_20120602_212226.jpg

ForumRunner_20120602_212254.jpg

The one that is visible maybe just be a darker color or something... But the one that is still underwater has lots of green spots all over its back...any ideas on what they are?

Back
Top Bottom