Frogbit!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KreativJustin

Aquarium Advice Freak
My first batch of Amazon Frogbit and it started rooting, very exciting. May not be much to some experienced people, but I am loving it already!

Those plants in the far off are artificial (you can probably tell) and will be taken out eventually when I start putting in some plants that don't require rooting in the substrate.

Attachments

• 335056756_1143990726291749_720732357292355693_n.jpg
    335056756_1143990726291749_720732357292355693_n.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 29
Woah! They look so cool!
I really want to add frogbit to my aquarium as well, are they easy to care for? Wishing you the best of luck with your plants!

This is my first attempt at them. I just built them a ring from black airline tubing to keep them contained so they do not flow all over the top of my tank and get stuck in the overflow. I use airline suction cups to keep the ring bound to the tank, and release it when I turn the pump off and the water level lowers. I've only had them since Saturday, which they had baby roots at that time, so these roots have grown a lot. I have not added any nutrients to the tank (I will be in the future, when I add more plants, or if these start to die) and they have taken off like crazy, so I do not think they are overly hard to handle. Like I said though, this is my first attempt, someone more experienced in these should be the one you go to for actual helpful information.

Back
Top Bottom