Frogspawn head dropped off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chase33

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have frogspawn that has many heads. Earlier this evening I noticed one of them (a smaller newer one) fell off the main skeleton. It is now lying on the sand. Is this normal? What should I do with it? Could I just stike it in the sand or attach it to a small rock?

I'd attach it to a piece of rock to give it a fighting chance at survival. In my tank the head would be blown over and end up face first in the sand before long and it wouldn't have any chance of surviving that way.

Good luck with it.

I agree. But if it's just a fleshy part there you may be better of sitting the dropped part in a small container full of liverock, and sitting it in your tank. That way the head that fell can attach itself and not be bombarded by the current in your tank.

It found its way onto a rock in a low flow area. I'll leave it there and see how it does.

Today I noticed the same for my kenya tree. It has dropped a few branches. Once is in a tunnel and seems to have grabbed ahold of a rock. The other was blown into a corner. Should I glue the branches to a rock or secure them with a rubberband?

Thanks for responses.

See if it will do it by itself. But it wont hurt anything to rubberband or glue it to LR also

Back
Top Bottom