From Salt to Fresh..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dee99gt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After over a year I lost my entire saltwater tank due to no electric. I had spent so much time and money into my fish and coral and lost it all. Needless to say I don't want to go through such a big loss again.

I've decided to move my freshwater angels over and do a planted aquarium. I plan on using my 48" 2 150 watt halides with 2 54 watt actinics and 4 lunar leds lights. Will this be okay?

My angels I've had for over a year and a half now and only have 3 of them. What is the most I can put in a 55? I would like to see if I can get at least one breeding pair. I really want one or two pure black angels, but my LFS doesn't have any so I think I am going to have to buy from online. Any thoughts there?

That much light will be much too much unless you have Co2. Actinic bulbs arent particularly useful in planted tanks, and in my opinion throws off the aesthetics in freshwater.

I think they are 150 watts, I could be wrong and they may just be 100 each. I have a 4bulb T5. I am unsure of the wattage, but the bulbs are pretty blue from what I can remember.

Back
Top Bottom