Frontosa question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon D.

Aquarium Advice Freak
I asked this before a while back and didn't really get what I wanted so I'm going to try again I have seen the collection point maps a hundred but I want to know has anyone ever heard of the kalolo frontosa? I hear that they are really rare in the u.s. But I can't really find anything on them any info would be great

You're not going to find Kalolo anywhere on a map, it's just a name. Kalolo's are collected in Tanzania just below Karema.

These started to show up in the UK in 2010/2011 if I remember right and are rarely brought into the US if at all.

We'll I know I go that has a pair and he said as far as he knew they were the only ones in the us he payed Alota money for em

Who know was just curious on more info I could find squat on em let alone people who had them in the us

The info on them is spoty at best, you may try looking in some of the Uk based fish forums. I can't imagine they'd be too different to keep from the more readily available fronts.

I just really wanna know what's so rare and special about em if I wanted some I could wait till the guy I knows pair breeds

It's just like any fish it's a new locational variant with slightly different coloration. It's rare and expensive because it doesn't get exported much likely do to the fact it may be hard to collect/find or breed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom