Frontosas/gibberosa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have my frontosas in their own tank. I've got black and white sand, a black background, and driftwood accents :-D
I luvins my frontosas!

I had 4 gold and 4 inkfin Calvus with mine. Even my big boys never tried to snack them. If fronts are fed well they stay pretty tame.

Filtration is an XP5 and a 405. 180 gallon tank. It still holds fish. Just no fronts.

My F1 Cyphotilapia Gibberosa Ikola Blue Lightning babies

Here's my little F1 Ikola Blue Lightning. I have 11 of them. They are 4-5cm long now awesome color already and growing quick. Their current home is a 3x1.5x1.5. I am preparing their new home which is a very nice display tank 6x2x2 against the wall at the foot of my bed :)

You can get an idea of there size by looking at the NLS 1mm pellets in the substrate.

I'll post some better shots soon.

Cheers,
ozmo

IKOLA_FRONTS.jpg

IKOLA_FRONTS_b.jpg

ozmo said:
Here's my little F1 Ikola Blue Lightning. I have 11 of them. They are 4-5cm long now awesome color already and growing quick. Their current home is a 3x1.5x1.5. I am preparing their new home which is a very nice display tank 6x2x2 against the wall at the foot of my bed :)

You can get an idea of there size by looking at the NLS 1mm pellets in the substrate.

I'll post some better shots soon.

Cheers,
ozmo

Amazing fish! I absolutely adore fronts!

This thread seeing action again is sweet, first thing I do when I get home from work on Fridays(I work out of town all week) is to give the better half a hug and kiss then oogle my tanks, I especially live the fronts, they always go ape when I approach the tank.

This here is probably my favorite of the group, his name is cyclo, he is missing an eye hence why he is hiding. He is awesome and a trooper. Eats fine and has his own little corner around my spray bar.

Frontosa addict!!

hi everyone. i bought some burundi frontosas about 6 months ago and sold them for all 8 of them for 500$. and now with that money i will have 30 blue mpimbwe frontosa juvis in less than 2 weeks. im so excited i have 2 breeding colonies of demasoni but i love my frontosa and cant wait to upload the photos of my new babies. plus im building my own fish room. should be done by late feb. frontosas are the reason me & my gf have to get a 3br house lol. Fish room anyone? :fish2::lol:

kdpuffer said:
Here is a pic of a bunch of my fronts, awesome fish.

Hi kdpuffer - Beautiful fish. What flavor of front are they?

I suspect they are burundi but they have a little more blue than a typical Burundi. that's cool your getting some mpimbwe, I had some and they are nice fish.

I've got a trio of kigoma's; I keep them among some other frontosa variants in a 180gal.

Back
Top Bottom