Frosted background?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kat1103

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I have a newly cycled 55 gallon tank. Just added 3 yellow labs yesterday ( I think and are hoping all are female). They have settled in fine. Anyways I still don't have a background on my tank. I dislike all the cheesy looking ones at petco/petsmart And I don't want a solid black background either. And I don't want to paint the glass and the list goes on. So I got an idea today. I was thinking of getting frosted glass film to apply to the back of the tank. Just wondering if anyone has done this and how it turned out? And what u think of the idea? Thanks!

That's an interesting concept, worth exploring. I like the thought of a black background and plan to use auto tint film, but if you find something you like and want to test it, just tape it to the back and get a feel for it. If you decide you like it and the material is smooth and water proof there's a method of kinda sealing it to the glass so it looks glued on.

If you try it, post pics please :D.

Aquarium Backgrounds: SeaView Gel Background Adhesive and Sealant from Seaview Inc.

ADA has started using frosted glass on some of their tanks, for the back and sides I believe. Go for it! :)

Update: went to Lowe's this week and couldn't find any frosted glass films I liked that were in my budget. So when I went to get dog food today at Petco, I broke down and bought a black background to try on the tank. I was afraid some of the fish wouldn't stand out against the black. That is why I hadn't done this earlier. But to my surprise it turned out great! It blends in with the filter too. I'll post pics soon.

Back
Top Bottom